The objectives of HSA are:
- To provide a link between governments at all levels and the development industry with a view to creating a sufficient flexibility system that supports a good supply of housing, liveable neighbourhoods and high-quality developments.
- To be involved and make submissions to all levels of government on the practicality and financially viability of Local Environment Plans and Development Control Plans.
- To advocate for the industry as a whole and to see that standards and concessions that are made to select projects form a benchmark for the entire industry.
- To ensure fair treatment across the industry, with consideration given to industry organisations of all sizes, rather than a select few.
- To provide a forum for the industry and engage with key stakeholders to clarify issues represent concerns to government.
- To resist all extra charges and burdens imposed on the industry. These can only result in increased costs affecting both viability and the affordability of building projects.
- To lobby for increased infrastructure spending in order to support the creation of new neighbourhoods.
- To promote the development industry in a positive way to the media and the public as part of the ‘solution’ to the housing crisis.